Wednesday 20 October 2010

Restuarant Review - Alexandros, Carlisle, Cumbria

Name and Address
Alexandros Restaurant, Warwick Road, Carlisle, Cumbria

Cuisine
Greek

Ambience
A small restaurant in the city centre.  Outer door opens straight into the seating area so it can feel cold if you are near the door.  Some of the tables are too close together.  They play Greek music which reminded me of many happy times I'd spent in that country.

General
We went for a Happy Hour meal and on offer was two courses for £7.95.  I had a Greek salad for starters which was lovely, with a tasty dressing.  For my main course I had beef stifado with rice.  The meat was very tender and just melted in my mouth, the sauce was rich with a hint of spice, delicious.  One of my friends had the moussaka which she said was wonderful too.  Portions were not massive, but being two courses for £7.95 meant it was enough for a very reasonable price.

Northern Star Rating
Ambience **   Food ***

No comments:

Post a Comment