Thursday 13 March 2014

Restaurant Review - Italia Restaurant, Reykjavik

Italia restaurant
Address
Laugavegi 11
Reykjavik

Website
Italia Restaurant

Cuisine
Italian

Ambiance/Service
There was a cosy, homely and rustic feel to the restaurant. Seating is in little booths which give a good level of privacy. The booth are each named after various Italian towns/cities, we were in Sorrento. There is a brick pizza oven which I could see from my seat. Service was attentive and friendly, the staff spoke excellent English and were very helpful.

Garlic Mushroom Starter
Food
We all went for garlic mushrooms to start. the portions were large, accompanied by garlic bread and were absolutely delicious.

I had ham and mushroom pizza for my main and again it was large and came fresh out of the brick oven close to our table. It was delicious, one of the best I've had. Danielle had a seafood pasta and said it was the best she'd ever had, and both Dan and Dianne loved their meals too.

My Yummy Ham and Mushroom Pizza!
We had a lovely Italian Chianti to accompany the meal. we could not manage a dessert as the        portions were so large, but I'm sure they would have been as delicious as the other courses.

Price
The Italia Restaurant is reasonably priced compared to the general expense of eating out in Reykjavik. Strangely, starters are almost the same price as mains, the garlic mushrooms cost 2200IK (£11.63) and my pizza was 2500IK (£13.44). So if you want to keep the meal cheap, it may be best to skip a starter as the main is an good price and portions are generous.

My Overall View
I have been to the Italia Restaurant twice and both times the food was very good, plus the ambiance of the place is cosy and easy going. For a restaurant on the main shopping street of Reykjavik the Italia is excellent value and I would not hesitate to recommend it if you visit that wonderful city. 

No comments:

Post a Comment